Maroteira Dez Tostões Rosé Alentejano IGP 2022 13% vol.

11,39  sis. KM

Allergens

Sulphites

Alcohol content

13%

Capacity

0.75L

Country of production

Portugal

Appellation

Alentejano IGP

Region

Alentejo

Manufacturer

Herdade da Maroteira

Colour

Rosé

Grape varieties

Syrah/Shiraz

Located at the foot of Serra D’Ossa, just 35km north of Évora, Herdade da Maroteira is a 152ha estate that has been owned by the same Anglo-Portuguese family for 5 generations, since the mid-19th century. At that time Robert Reynolds invested in the Alentejo cork oak forest to meet the needs of the Port wine industry in northern Portugal. For about 150 years, in addition to cork, the estate produced mainly cattle and some olives. In 2000, Philip Mollet, current owner and manager, revolutionised the estate’s strategy and planted vines. The chosen Syrah grape variety proved to be a huge success in the form of the world-acclaimed Cem Reis wine. Later, a charming selection of reds, whites and rosés resulted from planting Alicante Bouschet, Aragonez and Touriga Nacional vineyards in an open valley.

Winemaking

Mediterranean climate with hot days and cold nights. Infertile slate and granite soils. Highly selective night harvest in 20kg boxes. The fruit is gently pressed and fermented at 12°C partly in stainless steal tanks (80%) and the remainder in oak barrels (20%). Intense battonage for the first 30 days in barrels.

Tasting notes

Bright pink colour. Intense nose of ripe strawberries with a touch of cream. Distinct mouth-feel with smooth texture. Ending with a fresh finish.

Food pairing

Enjoy with fish, seafood and salads. Sufficient body to accompany white meat dishes.

Allergens

Sulphites

Alcohol content

13%

Capacity

0.75L

Country of production

Portugal

Appellation

Alentejano IGP

Region

Alentejo

Manufacturer

Herdade da Maroteira

Colour

Rosé

Grape varieties

Syrah/Shiraz